Saturday, June 7, 2008

     Today is Saturday and a let down day after having some of the family home.  Anne and Ben (and Leigh), Jim and Lindsay and Will and Toby were all here for the opening of my art show "Marking Time" at Oglebay Institute's Stifel Fine Arts Center.  It was the biggest crowd they had ever had for an opening, I hear from the staff.  By day two, I had sold nine works, also a record for them (and for me).   Reenactors in dress and Gallowglass playing in the dining room enhanced the mood and people stayed and stayed.   My family's presence made the evening for me!  some stragglers from the event came home and had a light supper on the courtyard surrounded by roses blooming and scenting the humid night air.  Phyllis and Bruce from next door joined us also and Phyllis and Lindsay realized they had met each other six years ago right next door at 34 Poplar Ave.! Today clean up and changing beds and missing those who could come and those who couldn't.

1 comment:

prsigal said...

Anne, Your work in this world ... your paintings/drawings/framing AND your children (and your GARDEN!) ... are all works of art, and much of which to be proud!